CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

This is why I love IBC

I have been to a lot of churches in my day. Some good, bad and really bad. But IBC has been the best for me. I had bible study this morning and man I learned so much about myself. You see, the women's ministry at IBC is amazing. The leaders have a genuine heart for women to be more like Christ. I have learned so much this year than any other time in my Christian walk.
The woman that taught us today was discipled by Beth Moore. She had so many amazing nuggets that really stuck with me. This is the one that has really gotten to me today and I am still trying to process it:

"Your lack of disobedience in your life also means you have a lack of love towards Christ".

Being obedient is a response of faith and an outward expression to the love of Christ. I love that God showed me a part of what I am missing in my walk. I am not showing Christ who I am in Him because I have fallen short of his command. So I am choosing to repent and walk the other direction. The direction of God's will.

1 comments:

jo-mama said...

Good point! I love this little nugget and it got me to thinking, can I teach my kids that if they obey me it will show their love for me as well? because we have been talking about obeying mom and dad a lot lately, but it hasn't quite sunk it yet. Post some pics soon! we sure miss you guys.
Natalie